Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Do you know the Difference?

I have been doing some research to help inform some co-workers on what "Paleo" is. It has also been helping me to remember why I started following this lifestyle from the beginning.

I have always know that there were many different schools of thought, mind sets if you will, on how a real Paleolithic Diet was to be followed. I have read Robb Wolf's Book The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet and liked much what he had to say. I started research ways I could "afford" this Paleo Diet, on my PT job. I didn't see how Cage-Free, Grass Fed, and Organic was ever or will be in my fridge or freezer.

I finally made the leap though. I tore my kitchen apart and threw away, or donated all the foods that contained Wheat, Grains, Dairy, were processed at all. Slowly I started adding REAL food to my kitchen.

I have come to a new turning point again in my life. Looking at what I am doing, have been doing, and having to chose to continue following this path for my health. With all kinds of things that affected me emotionally this last month to month in a half, I completely and totally fell of my Paleo Wagon. I have felt worse this last month than I have in a very long time. I even started questioning if my meds were working, stopped taking them for a few days. Then started again, just to check the results.

It was my DIET.

The wheat, sugar, and dairy that I have been consuming, because it was easier, was killing me.


So I come to the question do you know what foods affect your body?

I don't have Celiacs Disease, but these things do affect my body, and my Chemistry. (Remember I am Bi-Polar, it affects that too)

You have many choices these day. 21 Day Detox, The Whole 30 Program, The Paleo Diet LifeStyle.  Anyone of these are a great way to start. I know I need to get off the sugar again. So I am looking into the The Whole 30 Program this time.    


I like having books and recipes on hand, so I may still get her the 21 DSD eManual in PDF for only $21. You can't beat that.  Her new book "The 21-Day Sugar Detox: Bust Sugar & Carb Cravings Naturally" will be released in Sept of this year.


One of the of nice things I like about the Whole 30 program is this line right here and I am quoting straight from their website
 "Your only job for the next 30 days is to focus on making good food choices. You don’t need to weigh or measure, you don’t need to count calories, you don’t need to stress about organic, grass-fed, pastured or free range. Just figure out how to stick to the Whole30 in any setting, around every special circumstance, under any amount of stress… for the next 30 days. Your only job? Eat. Good. Food."

 So in this day and age where the battle rages on against GMO's and the Government talking about what we should do about our health. Decide what YOU should do about your health. What you want to put into your bodies. I am handing you tools to do so, just decided which one fits you. Start now, start today as they said on the Whole30 Page.

Namaste,
KitCat

No comments:

Post a Comment