Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A NEW Food Pyramid

People are used to a certain way of eating. Used to the USDA food pyramid, I am about to post a Paleo food pyramid that will completely change the way you think about and consume food.







Looking this food pyramid this thing I saw last year, was EWWW Fish, then OMG there is only FOUR categories. On a second closer look, I saw FATS in the bottom of the chart. FATS?? What the heck?

Yes Healthy Fats, Coconut Oil, Olive oil, Seed and nut oils, Avocados, and lean cuts of meat are encouraged on Paleo. Oh and don't forget one of my favorites, BUTTER and or Ghee. They would prefer grass-fed butter, like Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter, but my budget doesn't allow for that, so as I always say, I do the best quality I can afford, with out feeling bad!!!

Another thing I see is EGGS!! Do you know all the things you can do with eggs? The list is endless. I bake 'em (yes, it's something I learned after starting Paleo), Fry 'em in butter then top them with homemade salsa, or avocado when in season, scramble them with bacon and or sausage. Make egg muffins. Follow my Pinterest for more amazing Paleo recipes.

If you are just starting Paleo, or getting back on board, remember to eat breakfast. IT means to Break your Fast. Being a fat girl most of my life, I thought not eating breakfast would be good for me. Well it isn't folks. Your body needs the fuel to work. Give it some good fuel to work with, check out the chart to get you on your way.

Happy Eating.
Kit Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment