Sunday, April 15, 2012

Helping Out & Falling OFF

A friend too me on a quick trip to Whole Foods Market after work the other day, just to see what I could afford there, that was Paleo. Mind you I have a very limited budget. Organic isn't in my daily budget, it usually never even gets to happen once a month, but it's nice to go taste test once in a while. LOL

We strolled all around the store. Beautiful, let me tell you. This place is lovely. We got to inform a lady from Canada who was ill, and just diagnosed with Celiac disease, all about where to look for information about Paleo Diet Lifestyle.

Of course I gave her my two favorite sites, Paleo On A Budget &  with her particular infliction, Elana's Pantry. What a great feeling to help in a way that no one at Whole Foods Market could do. She left that store with not many purchases, but with the means to make herself healthy.

As I confided in her. "Paleo is a way to make your body healthy, to turn back the damage we have done to it. I am Bi-Polar, I am doing this to help even out my moods, to help the chemical imbalances of my body. One of the 'Side Effects' of following Paleo, and getting healthy, has been some weight loss, but that hasn't been my goal."

I spent half my budget in there on odds n ends, but I was in the right place to help that lady. I think that was worth it.

Now if you have been to a Whole Foods Market lately, you know they have Hot Tables, and Fresh Salads/Fresh Fruit Bars... OMG Priced per LB. It all looked and SMELLED so good. Some was Paleo, some Not so much. I had to get out of there before I made all kinds of bad choices, and over spent.

So we left, I had my friend drop by Chipotle Mexican food for me, because I was so hungry, and I still had nothing to make for dinner.  MISTAKE!!!

I paid for that all the next day. I found out just how bad Rice and Corn Chips are for you after 30+ days of Paleo.

I wonder if this means I should give away my rice cooker like Robb Wolf did? LMAO

I Paleo'd up all day yesterday, Lots of Coconut Oil in my cooking, Red Meat last night for dinner, which I have been CRAVING for over a week now. I feel great today.

Easily fixed. As Megan told me, don't beat yourself up, just dust yourself off, and get back on the wagon. Have I said how much I love that girl?? She keeps me motivated even from thousands of miles away!!

Off for my second cup of Coffee. Maybe I will do some rearranging of furniture today?? Day is still early...

Namaste,

Kit Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment