Sunday, March 18, 2012

Paleo Update

I am giving you all an update. I have had an amazing few weeks.  Today is the 18th of March, I started the Paleo lifestyle change on Ash Wednesday, Feb 22nd.  It was a challenge at first to know what I could eat, and couldn't eat. But a whole new world of Organic Foods, opened up to me. I also started entertaining thoughts of eating things I don't usually, or never have before.

I bought the Paleo Lifestyle Cookbook which comes with three extra books, PLUS a BONUS dessert book. So I now have access to hundreds of Paleo recipes, Meal plans, Herbs, and Desserts!! Who would have thunk??? LOL

I also invested in a Ninja QB900B Master Prep Revolutionary Food and Drink Maker, Gray. I LOVE IT. I make my own Almond Flour, Salsas, Guacamole, and of course the main reason I bought it was for the Smoothies!!  It is amazing!! Does things in a snap (press of the button), clean up is easy too. This set has a Chopper, and the Pitcher. I recommend it for anyone who does a lot of Cooking, Baking, or Entertaining.

So the benefits so far that I have seen?

I can walk faster. I feel better. I can actually run a short ways without feeling like I will die!! LOL My energy is better. My clothes fit bigger, some too big. I bought a pair of pants the other day for work, and had to return them the next day, because I couldn't keep them up!! All in only 3 wks. AMAZING...

I have behavioral medical issues, and since I have changed my lifestyle, Let's just say that I will be talking to the doctor about decreasing a few things, and monitoring me. :D I may be off all meds, EVENTUALLY!! Wouldn't that be lovely!!!

That is what has happened in my life the last month. I am loving it. People are noticing changes. While yes I like to be told, you have great strength to do this, or resolve to stick with it. I would rather see them get excited and start making changes for themselves. I have done so many Fad diets, and failed. This isn't a diet per-say, it is a way to live healthier, closer to the way our bodies were meant to consume and process food. Once I increase my activity level, even more changes will happen for me. THAT IS EXCITING!!

Bright Blessing to you all! I will you health and happiness.

Namaste,
KitCat

No comments:

Post a Comment